Your wedding day is all about you, not someone else’s idea of what a wedding should be. Similarly, your wedding photos should be unmistakably, undeniably, one-hundred-percent you.
September 2012 elegant DIY wedding at Merridale Cidery.
August 2012 elegant, fun wedding at The Inn at Laurel Point.
July 2012 sweet and elegant backyard wedding.
Summer 2012 fun, joyful wedding at Sea Cider.
Summer 2012 intimate backyard wedding in North Saanich.
July 2011 DIY beer-themed wedding at Starling Lane Winery and Oldfield Orchard.
October 2011 DIY Pender Island wedding with dirndls, animal masks, karaoke, & love.
October 2010 elopement at The Boathouse Bed & Breakfast in Brentwood Bay.
I get so excited when my clients want to make their wedding day their own. I love people who want their wedding and photos to be bursting with joy, who hope their guests go home grinning, who aren’t afraid to let their true selves shine.
I’m talking to you: no-nylons wearing, wrong-fork using, belly laughing, crazy dancing, DIYing, silly, imperfect, everyday good people.
If you’re dreaming up an awesome celebration, I’d love to be a part of it.
‘YOU are AMAZING. To paraphrase Steve “this [photography package] is the best thing we will EVER spend money on. The absolute best gift ever. Better than a hundred Christmases could ever be!”‘
- Robyn & Steve
How can I make your day more fun & less stressful?
- You’ll never have to watch the clock or fake anything for my benefit, because I’ll photograph the entire day.
- You can relax knowing you have a friend who’s been through this wedding craziness dozens of times and knows how to calm you down (and psych you up).
- Your portrait session will be exactly what you want. We’ll shoot where you choose, you can be your silly and emotional selves, and the final product will actually look like you (in the best way possible).
- Even if you only have ten minutes for portraits, we’ll get some gorgeous shots and get you to the reception (or ceremony) on time.
- Together, we’ll make your wedding and wedding photography a fun experience!
The bottom line is that you’ll never have to worry about me or getting great photos. That’s my job and I take pride in doing it well. Your job is to have a blast, get those pesky papers signed, and ride off into the sunset (or sunrise) with the coolest person you’ve ever met.
‘We are in love with our photos. They brought tears to our eyes — not only were they beautiful, but they were just what we wanted.’
- Wendy & Lisa
Wondering about the details?
Clients love my full day wedding packages, which aim to capture all of the moments of the day, not just the scheduled events. You get to decide what I photograph and when. Full day coverage means no extra charges for staying late or running behind schedule. It’s all about telling the complete story of your day.
I love catching those sweet late-night moments when you and your new spouse finally get some time to let it all sink in. I want to capture that moment your father sees you for the first time in your wedding dress. If grandma starts break-dancing at midnight, I want to be there. Your wedding album should be absolutely overflowing with wonderful memories.
Wedding coverage starts at $2100. Weekday and short-notice (less than six weeks away) pricing starts at $1000.
I offer minimal travel fees within British Columbia, Southern Ontario, and Ireland. I’d love to travel anywhere good times and love are happening.
‘The pictures she gave us were beautiful and perfectly captured the day in ways even our memories can’t do justice to. She is easy going, professional, and personable, and we now consider her a friend.’
- Dan & Bryn
Feel like we’re a great fit?
Here’s what’s next.
- If you haven’t checked out my work, what are you waiting for? Finding a photographer whose style fits your own vision is super important. View my latest work or my favourite work.
- Send me an e-mail. Tell me some interesting things about your wedding (including the date and location) and yourselves. Don’t be afraid to show your enthusiasm.
- I’ll reply, usually within 24 hours, with answers to any of your questions and info that fits your wedding.
- We can then set up an in-person or Skype/phone chat to see how we get along or you can jump to step 5. If you set up a meeting, you get to experience my albums, canvases, and other fun products in person and I’ll even treat you to a delicious beverage.
- If we seem like a perfect match, you can go ahead and sign that contract (it’s mostly free of scary legal speak, I promise) and put down your deposit of 1/3 of the total package price. Once that’s done, your day will be booked.
- Sit back and relax, knowing you don’t have to worry about anything to do with wedding photography ever again.
P.S. It’s never too early to contact your favourite wedding photographer. Most people book anywhere from two to eighteen months out.