Relaxed, natural couple portraits that honestly reflect your personalities and love.
October 2012 engagement session stop-motion video at Beacon Hill Park.
Summer 2012 oceanfront engagement session.
Summer 2012 rainy day engagement in Vic West.
The Weekend Morning Ritual: a typical weekend morning together.
Spring 2012 engagement session at a park and downtown Victoria.
Sweet summer 2011 engagement session at Beacon Hill Park.
Summer 2011 engagement session at East Sooke Park.
September 2012 engagement session in a corn maze and at Mt. Tolmie.
An engagement session is included in most of my wedding packages, but I also offer them separately for people who aren’t getting married, are getting married in a different location, or just really love my portrait style.
My approach to couple portraits is to get you to interact with one another in a natural way. I still have a ton of posing ideas, just in case you’re feeling nervous in front of the camera or need some time to get used to the idea. Usually, my clients are posing themselves (or just being themselves) a short time into the session, no matter how awkward they might feel at first.
Watch the video below to see what a couples portrait session with me is like.
Regular portraits have a session fee of $200. This fee includes travel within Greater Victoria to a location of your choice, up to two hours of photography, and a $200 product credit. Prints and files may be ordered a la carte.
The typical session may include up to two locations and as many outfit changes as fit into the two hours.
If you’d prefer a documentary style session (including family and individual documentary, not just couples), check out my documentary lifestyle photography page.
Looking for something else? Check out my recommendations for a birth/family and baby/maternity/child photographer.
How it All Works
- Contact me for my full portrait products and services guide and think about what you’d like to do for your session and how you might like to display the images in your home.
- We will discuss your intentions for your session via e-mail, phone, or Skype video chat and choose a date for your session.
- Read over and sign a copy of my portrait contract (it’s very simple, I swear) and send it to me via e-mail or mail. The session fee must be included via cheque, cash, e-mail money transfer, or PayPal for your session to be booked. Once both are received, I will reserve your date.
- I will send out a reminder of the session date, time, and location in the week prior to the shoot. Then, I’ll see you there!
- 2-3 weeks after the session, you will come over for an in-person viewing session (or via Skype if you live elsewhere). During the session, you will be shown a slideshow of your images and then we will go over them together to create the perfect package for you and your home. Payment will be taken on the spot and your order will be processed ASAP.